• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD Cleaners

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kalivos

I've seen a couple on places online, like Amazon.com, but does anybody know of any stores that carry them? Possibly Best Buy or Office Max? I need some. Somehow, smudges are all over my monitor. And I keep thinking I'm seeing dead pixels, I lightly blow in the area, and dust/dirts comes off. Wtf? So I need some cleaner.

Kalivos said:
but does anybody know of any stores that carry them? Possibly Best Buy or Office Max?

Go to your friendly neighborhood Wal-Mart's vision center. They sell glasses cleaning kits. You get a little non-scratching cloth and a little pump spray bottle of lens cleaner. Just remember to send the cloth thru the washer from time to time.

I just went to Best Buy and picked up some LCD Cleaner.

I think it left more smudges than it got rid of. :eek: ****ing Best Buy...And I know they were lying when they said they used it to clean the in-store display's. I wouldn't use this to clean my CRT. :eek:

I happen to have a bottle of Monster ScreenClean (yes the Monster cable folks) and it works wonderfully in conjunction with the supplied microfiber towel. I use it on my L90D+, camera, car LCDs, TVs, etc...
No streaks whatsoever.

I actually picked it up at BestBuy in the TV area (the bottle specifically mentions LCDs and Plasma displays).

rubbing alcohol and a scatch free cotton cloth works wonders - or just a damp water cloth

NEVER USED WINDEX!!!!

:d

I use the stuff that came with my sister's iPod Cleaning Kit and it works really well.

-1cem4n

EDIT: How do you get dirt on your lcd? Mines always clean :)

sneezing - dust, cough, spilt drink - annoying bugs that land on it and u go crunch and then CRAP why'd i do that!

Back