• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

going from 80 gig ide to (2) rapters in raid 0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saud

is it really worth the money?, im gonna order it all at once for 222 dollars, i know the difference is gonna be huge but is it really worth the money b/c the price is kind of unreasonable but i want them soo bad, any ways, after i set up in my bios and enable my raid config and if i did it all right when im installing windows it should have around a 73 gig hd when im installing windows correct? (like when it ask what partition to add it to?)

Yes, it will be a huge improvement.

However, 2x200GB sata drives in raid will be very fast, too, and offer 6x more storage space for the same money.

I would go with the latter.

nah im not much of a storage man, i care about speedddddddddddd, i dont know what to add into a hd, most of those people that fill up 400 GB of stuff is usually illegal software, movies, games , and all other illegal stuff

If you really care about speed get a single 74GB raptor. It's almost faster then the RAID and has much better seek times. Cheaper, too.

Plus it nihilizes the risk of losing your data due to raid failure.

Back