• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just a fast simple question on Chipset cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyreal

This is just a fast and simple question on chipset cooling.
I am buying an ABIt AN7 for my athlon and am going to replace the norhtbridge chipset cooler with a vantec iceberq chipset cooler CCB-A1C.
Is this a decent active northbridge cooler? or are there some better ones?

-Ty
My first thread! (on this forum) :)

Tyreal said:
This is just a fast and simple question on chipset cooling.
I am buying an ABIt AN7 for my athlon and am going to replace the norhtbridge chipset cooler with a vantec iceberq chipset cooler CCB-A1C.
Is this a decent active northbridge cooler? or are there some better ones?

-Ty
My first thread! (on this forum) :)

This is a good one IMHO

Doesent take much to keep them nice and cool... Any active cooler will do the job..

I kinda like the way the iceberg looks as well.. always a plus :)

Welcome to the forums!!

The Vantec Iceburg cooler is a step up from stock, but not what I would call 'high-end' chipset cooling. There are a few others that are better, such as the Thermalright NB-1(C) or the Swiftech MCX159-A. What's right for you depends on your budget and goals, but for the price I doubt you'd be disappointed with the Vantec Iceburg.

I myself found a middle ground because I run a silent pc. I used a passive Zalman cooler which cools the chipset just fine without the need for a fan.

yea. I realize that. I intend to overclock as much as i can with this motherboard. I discovered that i had done some "procedures" wrong in my last o/c.
thanks guys.

Maybe try a modified Pentium 1 heatsink? They're bigger than most northbridge heatsinks and still relatively lightweight.

hmm. could work :D
Don't have any pentium 's around here though. except for an old pentium two but its attached via clip. some wierd protruding box thingy on the mobo and i don't think it'll work very well.

Back