• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Heatsink for 64 3000+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xbladr

I am trying to decide what the best heatsink would be at a fair cost not watercooling. I would need one for an athlon 64 3000+ Venice core 939 chipset. What are your good and bad experiences and what seems to work the best?

Thermalright, XP-90 or XP-120, with a high flow fan the best performance you can get, with a medium or low power fan as silent as you want, paired with a fan controller you get the best of both worlds.

What fan do you recommend I will be picking it all up off of new egg unless you guys think there are other places with better prices

I just bought a 3700+ San Deigo and paired it with a XP-120 and a Panaflo Ultra High Speed 119CFM 120x36mm fan. Sound isnt going to be an issue because i will have a fan controller...More or less i wont use the controller if i find the fan @ max cfm/rpm unbarable. I got mine over at SideWinder Computers together for 72$ shipped.

My suggestion would be to get a more powerful fan, and put it on a controller. That way, you can startit off at full speed, and dial it down to a comfortable temp/noise level.

I myself love the Panaflo's. But plenty of other great fans out there.

I would also suggest the Thermalright XP-90 or XP-120. Jab-tech.com has the XP-90 for 24.95.

Back