• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling suggestion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blissfool

Registered
Hi, I have P4 2.4 Ghz socket 478 processor. I've been using the stock heatsink and fan but I am thinking of installing a more high quality heat sink. Also, possibly good cpu and case fans...

Any recommendation?

Thanks

I'd highly recommend a Thermalright Xp90 copper heatsink with a good quality 92x92mm fan, like panaflo or delta. You'll also need to get a good thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5.

Thanks for the reply. How is the noise on that fan? :)

Also, I see XP90 and XP90C... I guess XP90C is made of copper... which is better?

From what I have read, the XP-90 and XP-90C are about the same, except for maybe a couple degrees. Either one will be a drastic improvement over stock. Also there are some Zalman and Thermaltake solutions that seem to be getting good reviews around here.

:welcome: To the Forums

Id also go with the XP-90C Its a top notch heatsink and if you ever saw the XP-120 in person you would be surprised LoL

I athually had the Asus Star Ice .. which looks alot smaller online then it is in real life :santa:

Back