• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the 300w psu included with Antec's SLK2600AMB good enough for ocing a mobile 2500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zer0nix

Is the 300w psu included with Antec's SLK2600AMB good enough for ocing a mobile 2500?

^topic

30 bucks after rebate at fry's... yum yum, this time i am NOT gonna miss it -unless y'all tell me the psu is crap...

usually any PSU that comes with a case is poopey, unless otherwise noted, like i believe Antec includes their truepower 430w with the Soho server case

honhon said:
usually any PSU that comes with a case is poopey, unless otherwise noted, like i believe Antec includes their truepower 430w with the Soho server case

should have written down the model of ps before returning (i bought this thing) :bang head i think it's a 300 watt 'smartpower'... is this sufficient for ocing a mobile barton or s754 proc? i'm not too crazy about this case only having room for 2 80mm fans unmodded so i may just return it if i can't use the ps (this case costs twice as much as the deal from 2 weeks ago after rebate)...

Last edited:
zer0nix said:
should have written down the model of ps before returning (i bought this thing) :bang head i think it's a 300 watt 'smartpower'... is this sufficient for ocing a mobile barton or s754 proc? i'm not too crazy about this case only having room for 2 80mm fans unmodded so i may just return it if i can't use the ps (this case costs twice as much as the deal from 2 weeks ago after rebate)...

the other one is a different model, i have the 2650 that came with a 350watt, 21A on the 12V rail lol, so yeah it's good enough, antec makes good PSU, the case you got should have a 120mm back exhaust though not 80mm.

warlock110 said:
the other one is a different model, i have the 2650 that came with a 350watt, 21A on the 12V rail lol, so yeah it's good enough, antec makes good PSU, the case you got should have a 120mm back exhaust though not 80mm.

i haven't taken it out of the box yet but it says it only has room for 2 80mm fans...

anyone else on the viability of this psu for my intended use?

should be fine. The smartpowers are good PSU's. If you got the updated version, you would be fine even with an A64, though overclocking an A64 may be limited.

there isn't much difference between that and the 2650. 2650 just has the 120mm exhaust, plus side intake/duct for the CPU.

if it doesn't cost you much more, i'd go for the 2650. The PSU in there will easily power your mobile oc.

Back