• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with a psu "problem" for my upcoming rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrox

So i got Corsair cx750m, i just bought it since my last one gave up and thought it is going to be good/cheap enough for my rig i will build this summer. How ever i ran into youtube video and reddit threads bashing the crap out of corsair psu for literally burning your gpu, cpu and mobo.

I have built my own rigs for a long time and i have never ran into this kind of phenomenom with my builds.

This is what i will buy:

evga GTX 980 ti classified ACX 2.0+ (or superclocked) with same cooling.
upcoming skylake i7.
16gb of memory (unrelated.)

So this post is mostly because of my gpu. Is it really going to thrash my pc or is it just a problem for manually overclocking parts with stock coolers and that causes overheating? I'm very confused atm.

Thank you in advance.

Running a 60$ psu on 1200$ of computer seems to not be in your best interests. That said, its probably just fine. I would get a high quality seasonic or evga personally. If you're going skylake, you have some time to kill...

it's almost 170€ in this country and gtx 980 ti is on it's own 1200€ gotta love the taxes :> but thank you for your answer, i'm not sure about the skylake. Really depends if they are going to release the first one in july as rumored or not.

I tend to agree with ED. I have used a number of those CX PSUs in customer builds the last couple of years and also use one in my test bench. No failures yet. Might not be the most efficient or the cleanest power producers but certainly reliable. Certainly above the level of Chieftec, Top Power, Coolmax, Apevia, etc.

Back