• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and voltage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcollins82

My chip is a lbble pjw. And it seems that once I hit 2.7GHz, it doesn't really matter how much voltage I give it, I can't get it to hit 2.8GHz stabily. I can do 2.7GHz @ 1.59 but even if I give it 1.69 or above, I can't manage to get it to hit 2.8. So I was wondering, depending on the individual chip, does it get to a certain point where more voltage actually adversely affects the ability of the chip to overclock?

Sorry about your luck. But on the bright side, people pay more than twice the ammount you did for less performance when they buy a 3800 and don't overclock it.

Thats true. 2.6 GHz is still a pretty good overclock for a 3000+ anyway. I just dont have a good way to run it there. I want to keep my memory above 265 MHz since I paid for it to run at 275 MHz. So I just keep my CPU at a mere 9x275.

Back