• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to buy this case...but where!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

{ace of spades}

Disabled
Lian Li PC626

I want to buy this case, but i cant find anywhere that sells it, can anyone give me a link please.

Thank you,

James

TekeTorvo said:

SWEET !! but (gulp) the price! What do you plan on filling those 14(?) bays with. Watercooling/Phase change? We'd love to know what plans you have for that case.

BTW, to comparison shop, you can just enter " PC-626 " into Google/Froogle. The price TekeTorvo found seems to be the lowest.

Thanks for the replys. Im hoping to host my own website and play some games (big cs / doom fan here) so what im aiming for is:

3.2 Gzh P4 with HT
2 MB DDR RAM
300 GB storage (? x ?GB Single HD's = 300GB)
Water cooling ( 2 rads with two powerful fans ( most powerful 12cm fans i can find)
Geforce Fx5200 GC (only because i already have it)
No idea on mobo
Floopy disk drive
Dvd Rewriter
Another CD drive
A cathode tube for no reason lol

Does this sound ok?

xoxide is crap, don't buy from them.

you are bound to find it somewhere else

thats right, their shippin will kill you if you dont live in the USA...its usually the price of the product your getting

jjv687 said:
That video card you have is awful if youre going to be playing CS or Doom. If you have enough money to buy a $370 case then I'm sure you'll be able to get the $150 it takes to get at least a 9800 Pro.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102281
If not, at least get a 9600 XT for about $100. I can't imagine playing Doom on a FX5200.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102344

Or a better card than the 9800Pro. My 9800 Pro cant run Doom3 at all. Game just crashes anything above 800x600 with no extras. I'll be damned if Im gonna play at that res. Defintely try and find the Case in the UK, shipping will kill you. I was about to get the P180 from the US. Case was $107, Shipping was $120!

Hmm my old 9600 ran Doom 3 on 800x600 with medium settings. I hate that game so i havent tried it with my 9800 Pro. My brother ran in 800x600 with high settings on his FX5700 Ultra, which was comparable to the 9600 XT. I bet I could get 1024x768 with medium settings on my card. Anyways, I think {ace of spades} will have more than enough money to get something better than a 9800 Pro. I mean.. $370 for a case.. I thought spending $120 on mine was bad!

I am assuming at 2x2 with ultra-low settings?

Getting 52fps is great, I am willing to bet you had all of the eye-candy off though to get it that high.

I would get a better graphics card though (x800XL or 6800GT), and think about upgrading tha 2mb of ram to 2gb.

I ran it full screen with medium settings, i dont really know, it just seems like a pretty good card, not brilliant but not crap.

Im glad you guys told me what im missing, i play a hell of a lot of these games and not want to miss out on good graphics.

np, let us know if you want any views/opinions on different video cards you may want.

You must have been playing in 640x480. Once you see what 1024x768 or better looks like with medium-high settings you'll never turn back to a FX5200.

Back