• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Processor for DFI LP UT nF3 ULTRA-D 939 (AGP)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Speedpc

OK I bought the New Motherboard from MWave.com Sergio says thay have 25 left in stock.

Now I need to order a processor can you guys help me choose the best performance and maybe the better overclocker??? for this board choices are.
San Diego 4000+
San Diego 3700+
or should i go with the FX Series

I will also be using:
Patriot PC3200XBL (2x512mb)
OCZ Power Stream 600w PS
BFG 6800Ultra OC AGP Video Card
Audigy2 ZS
Maxtor 250G 16ms HDD
XP120 with Panaflow 120mm Fan for cooling

I Appreciate all the help guys !!!!! Thanks Scott

3700 with that memory. If money is no object, then of course the FX SD will be better, but not by a huge margin if you know what your doing.

Price wise i really doesn't matter !!!! Was thinking on the San diego 4000+ but if you think that the 3700+ would be better with Patriot memory then maybe the SD 3700+. Any reason why the 3700+ over the 4000+ ????? Just curious Thanks Scott

With good TCCD you don't need the higher multi to make it fly, unless you are on phase cooling. Run a divider with you Ram/CPU running it best speed(s). Basically the 3700 matches the 4000 when set up right so it's a waste of money to get a 4000.

Ask Sucka one of the 3D Team Captians, he'll show you how to do it.

Sucka definetly will show you how to do it as he has the fastest screenshot on a san diego around as well as some very nice superpi numbers at 3.3 or 3.4ghz

Just curious whats your cooling going to be?

Also thats going to be a killer rig would you consider joining our 3dmark team no experiance neccesary to start out. Just click on the links in my sig or PM Sucka, D]g[ts, or myself and we can help you out.

Last edited:
Back