• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600GT will not run on new setup...K8N FSR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WA2

6600GT will not run on new setup...
K8N FSR and an A643200. I am not oc'd at all. The 6600GT will not run..just a blank screen. I have tried it in 2 other rigs here and it works just fine. I am running on a Ti4200 right now..it runs just fine in the setup. Any clues???

how large is the power supply? The box says that you only need a 350(which I had) and it didn't work for me either. I went and bought a 500w. Works perfectly now. :)

I just purchased a new PSU..hoping that was the problem. It is a 450W. Has one of those vga connectors just for a vid card...no dice

Go into BIOS make the primary video AGP not PCI. Set the AGP speed to 8x.
Save and exit bios.

I also had loads of issues with a 6600GT before I changed to 6800GT. Try these:
- In BIOS - load Optimised defaults, restart
- Disable Fastwrites and Sideband Addressing (if it is hidden then use Shift-F2, Alt-F3)
- In Cell Menu - Disable ATI/NV Speedup (also hidden as above to unhide)

Just a few ideas - good luck.

I had a similar problem with an x800pro,comp would appear to post but no video and the VC seemed to work fine in other boards as well as other vc's working in that mobo.Fought with it for the better part of week,bugged the crap out of RGone@DFI-street,and spent over 350 minutes on the phone with ATI.I ended up RMA'ing that card and problem solved.I guess what I'm saying is just because the card works on some mobo's doesn't mean the card works.

Any chance you loaded the RivaTuner NVStrap on that system? I had a similar situation when replacing an unlocked GF 6800NU with a 6600GT. However I was able to post but as soon as Win XP started to load it locked and screen went blank. Uninstalling NVStrap resolved the problem.

Back