• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F.E.A.R Beta

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Panzerknacker

Disabled
http://www.fileplanet.com/betacenter/fear/signup/

it's a multiplayer only beta

I just played it and it sucks big time IMHO!

I can't really explain, it just plays like crap, feels like crap, sounds like crap and ehm.. bunnyhops like crap :p :S!

But at least it runs fine on my Ti500, so there is no reason that POS BF2 doesnt. I don't know though if I can say anything about F.E.A.R's graphics with this card.

Anyway, I think the multiplayer maps look like crap, but the effects/models and stuff look awesome. The slowmotion in multiplayer is fun as well. But the game really feels like it's in it's first stage of development, and that's not good.

I don't know if it's my rig or the game, but the game really sounds like crap. First, there aren't many sounds at all, not even music. And the sounds that are there are cheap. The weapons sound underpowered, and especially your own weapon sounds like it's in the far distance while some other sounds that should be further away sound like they are next to your ear. I messed with the settings but couldnt find anything that helped.

So I guess more of u guys will download it today, so, lemme know what u think

It's your rig. Only problem I've found is the shotgun's fire is delayed. It's weird.

Sounds aren't great, but they are good enough. No comment on the bunny hopping.

Edit:

FEAR Multiplayer beta is now OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. You no longer have to be a Fileplanet subscriber.
YesIhadtomakeitreallybig

I thought it was pretty decent for a beta, I've seen a lot worse. I can agree on the sounds, they need to fix something with it's distance calculation or something. My biggest beef is the weapons. Pretty skimpy selection, and not that it matters, since there isn't any real difference between a lot of them. More game types would be nice.

This game in its current state takes a lot of messing around with the settings to get it "just right". Some settings are real killers, for example, it took me a while to figure out that having shadows on gave me a bigger performance hit then upping the FSAA and AF. :shrug:

After some tweaking and finding a happy medium of performance and quality, I found the game to be much more enjoyable. It's definately geared towards a faster play style, and anyway you can up the FPS helps. Reminds me a little of Raven Shield, only a lot faster and more gung-ho.

It's got some potential, I think it feels good, the core of it at least. Though it needs some major tweaking and polishing. Which is what beta is for, after all :)

The guns and effects were pretty impressive but the textures seemed really low res, compared to HL2 and Doom 3 that is! Still if it's a multiplayer-only release the demo and the game could take awhile. They definitely need to time the release around BF2 and HL2 expansion if they plan on making any $$$.

I could care less about MP, its the quality single player FPS games on the PC that we get far to few of these days.

There are tons of great MP FPSers. Off the top of my head, only HL2 and Far Cry have entertained me for SP FPSers recently.

well I am still looking forward to the singleplayer very much - but maaan that blows...probably the least skilled game I have ever come across, especially for dm...all the guns have no recoil no bullet spread so every shot just goes dead on full spray and they kill in a few shots - its impossible not to get less than like a 10:1 score on it

I wont mind any of that in singleplayer, but multiplayer just has to have an element of skill to it to capture my attention ;(

yeah that's what I think as well. When u see someone walking in the distance, it's just holding the trigger spraying all over the place and they die so easy.

Back