• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your best motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elec999

List your favorites all time motherboard. The best motherboard you ever owned/own.
Mine was/is Asus p3b-f.
Thanks

I don't think this was many peoples favorite but mine is an A7N7X Deluxe. It is very stable, overclocks well, has a nice layout and never complains when I abuse it to death. I don't think other people made out as well with this board but mine is a winner.

Asus CUSL-2 for single P-III.

Abit VP-6 for dual P-III.

I had a few of each, and both were very good motherboards, 100 percent stable, and overclocked like champs.

More recent: Abit IC7-G Max II for P-4 s/478. also quite good.

Biggest disappointment: Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. great features, but the droop problem was a real pain!

Nf7-s I have had 3 and all where great,Dfi Lanparty Ut250gb has been better but mainly becase of the better platform and endless tweaking options.

-Milkman

Soltek SL-PT880E-RL. Totally stable, not a single fault, overclocks to at least 300Mhz well. I sad to have sold it but I have to get myself an SLI mobo

I had an old Asus A7V133. That board was alot of fun. It was a rock stable little board that could handle anything I would throw at it. I think I liked it so much because it was the first board I really stated OC'ing on. ....ahhh, sweet memories. I had that board for about five or six years, and never found a board i really like till the NF7 came out.

Have had great luck with the Abit KR7A-R boards.

The SolTek SL-75FRN2-RL nForce2 boards have been very good too. Prefer them
over the highly revered NF7-S actually. :p

Overclocking wise it is the NF7-S but counting features I liked my GA-7N400-L1 it had a utility at post that allowed me to back my hdd and restore.

Abit BH6 was my first bios setup overclocking motherboard and it was such a pleasure to use in comparison to previous Gigabyte's and Asus's plethora of jumpers and dip switches.

Today, I am very pleased with ASUS's boards and it would take some special features (working features) of another board for me to make the switch. Abit would probably be the board but DFI might well finally do it for me sometime in the future.

R

Well lets see:

Asus P3B-F w/ P3 500mhz cpu (still have, still works fine, small games/testing machine)

Epox 8rda+ Rev 1.1 and 2.0 (Sold both of them, recently got the 1.1 back from a customer. Motherboard's caps popped, have 4 of them replaced, need (6) 1000uF 6.3V caps, and (1) 1500uF 6.3V cap.)

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe curent machine using to type this, main gaming machine.

Epox 8kha+ Amazing stable board, I bought two brand new rmas and used them as replacement boards for customers. Still going strong. Probably one of my favorite boards.

Abit KT7-A Also another stable performer. I have one running as a server in a customer's office. It has literally been running for the last 4-5years, it hasn't been restarted in at least 6 months. It hasn't been cleaned in over a year. It's really a kickass board. I plan on keeping that one when the caps go, I'll fix that one too :).

Epox 8k5a3+ Amazingly nice board, (2) IDE controllers, (4) raid IDE controllers. Total of 12 IDE devices from one motherboard :).

All I can think of for now. Now if I could just find some decently priced (sub $40) athlon xp cpus :).

- Jim

Back