• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best card for $160?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I agree. That is a fine price for a 6800 and you can't beat the 256bit goodness of the 6800 in high resolutions that would stagger a 6600.

R

I agree, aside from the fact that it's out of stock, that's a good buy. I guess that's why it's out of stock!

:shrug:

RedDragonXXX said:
Nice 6800 for $160 and to think I paid $300 for mine :bang head , no wander they are out of stock.

LOL, don't feel bad. I paid just a little bit less @ $280. :bang head *sigh* The price you pay to be first on the block with new technology.

newegg has the XFX 6600gt for 130.00 shipped !!!! Just another option to think about!

I think that deal was posted on fatwallet. I considered jumping on it, but I've already got a 9800 Pro that overclocks like a champ, and I don't really game anymore anyways.

I dont know if that particular PNY 6800 is going to come back in stock anytime soon. It seems like it was a bulk purchase and it sold out rather quickly. It is a great price for it though. There is an eVGA 6800 for 189 at Newegg if you are willing to spend a bit more cash. But a 6600GT will do a great job at both the games you listed.

Back