• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

flashed firmware now router acting up..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryufreak

I had the alchemy firmware on my WRT54G, flashed it to the official firmware because.. I don't really know why, something to do with my other computer not connecting. Well anyways, now I can only connect to the router, and not to the internet (by assigning the Wifi an ip), or the internet and not to the router. I can't connect to the router or internet if i plug in directly to the router, only if i assign the NIC an ip. Any thoughts? I tried resetting/unplugging/unplugging everything.

did you put all your infomation that requires you to conncect to your dsl box (such as the user name and password) and adjust all your settings and what not so it will connect?
I had the same problem last night. I flashed my linksys because of conncetion problems and I couldnt connect becase it had restored it to factory defalts

i restored to defaults w/ hard reset (hold reset button 30 seconds), but I just flashed the firmware back to the alchemy, and it worked again, thanks anyways. End of story - don't use Linksys firmware :)

Back