• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A few different questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kalscension

Registered
Just a few questions. First Ill post my rig up. Pictures arent resized so 56k beware.

Right Side
Front
Left Side

Now this isnt no ricer. Inside I have

2x 250 gig Western Digital HDD's
74gig raptor.
ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe.
AMD 64 3500+ proc
2x Evga 6800 Gt's
2 gig (4x512) 3200 Geil ram with heatspreaders.

Ive done some crazy mods to this.

Just a couple things are Ive ran the power and dvd drive eject buttons to my keyboard. The power is hidden under my keyboard. The case you see in the pix actually (somehow) started out as this.

I added a 120mm fan directly over the SLI cards on the left side. The front has to 80mm fans and has a slot on the top for the DVD drive. (Havent devised a way to make a door for it yet.) The right side has my gamertag that I use everywhere. Under it I plan to have some sort of symbol.

Anyway on with the questions.

First off im looking for a tutorial for a lcd mod. It uses this LCD.

Its easy enough to install but im not sure about the power. I would like to have it external as Im already pushing my 500w to the max.

That brings about my next question. Whats THE best PSU for a SLI combo but at a somewhat good price. (Im on a budget but its not tight.)

Another question is I want to put a watercooling system in this. While im very knowledgable in nearly all aspects of computers I lack very much when it comes to watercooling. I know the basis of how it works and is setup but i dont know anything about whats good vs bad product wise. What I need is a good system with the blocks for both my cards, my cpu and whatever else you think i should cool.

2nd to last question is when I run 3dmark03 cpu tests my screen shutters real bad. My cpu isnt oc'd at all. At the time neither were my cards. Im wondering what causes this. Is there something wrong or is that how its supposed to be.

And finally my last question is how do I join a 3dmark03 team. Here is my best score so far with just basic cooling. (Not sure you can view that, if not the score is 20201.) I'd like to join a team if possible. thx.

Thats all. If anyone can help me out it would be kool. My AIM is Kalscension if you want to contact me directly.

the one that originally came with my case (that you see in the link) wasnt that good. I bought a new one when i got my sli combo.

If they are down (sounds like they update as much as the SETI team) then I would private message d]g[ts for this information/request form.

Back