• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new a8n-e..trying to start up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techun

Well i got my 3200 ram, psu, a8n-e and 3200 venice hooked up
I have my 5200 PCI in it, and i turn on the mobo, and all three fans start up, and that's it...no signal at all.
The video card works, i just pulled it out of another computer. Do i NEED a pci-e card to get into the bios...
monitor know's it's connected to something, just not getting a real signal

PCI video card should work fine. I would say that 1) MEMORY - Is it in the right slot or slots or 2) junker power supply!

A8N - SLI Deluxe
AMD64 FX55
2 Gig Kingston PC 3200
3 WD Raptors 36 gig on Raid 5
2 Leadtek PX6800 TDH
Tsunami Dream Case

the ram works, and i tried every slot, but b1 is what it's supposed to be in
The fans and everything spin, the led is on, it seems like the psu is working..just no video?!
Im going to try my friend's 6800gt to get into bios to let me change it to pci, ill also try his psu if that doesnt work, would rather not rip apart his system :p

tried it with my friend's 6800gt..still doesnt show any picture
bad mobo? bad cpu?
if it was a bad cpu would the system fans still turn on and such?
who would i rma it if i got them as a bundle from the amd tour

I would try using a different stick of ram in single channel mode and then if it boots, get a bios update then use your ram. Hope this helps.

i've tried other ram, same thing.
Other computers can use my ram fine

its the cpu, you probably didnt seat it right. take off the heatsink and look it over again. it shouldnt be dead, just poor install. even though you are using a junker ps, i doubt it is that. anyways, thats what i would do. if it is dead, rma to amd i guess? its still under warrenty.

Check the spec's on your PSU.

That board has problems with PSU's that don't provide at least 8A on the +12V lead and at least 1A on the +5 volt standby lead (+5VSB). The minimum recommended wattage is 350W. The system may become unstable or may not boot up if the power is not adequate.

350 watt
16 amps on 12v rail

too lazy to check the others..it's in a case now

Back