• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call me a n00b then!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Austen

Registered
My specs :

Amd Duron 800
Asus A7V-E Motherboard (VIA Apollo KT133 Chipset)
512mb pc133 (good quality) sdram
Pixel View Geforce 2MX 400 32mb
Yaba yaba yaba......

Now heres my question :

How do i know if my CPU is unlocked? I've joined the L1 bridges using a pencil, but when i go into bios there are no new options.
Could someone please tell me what options are meant to show up? I will try joining them again (the bridges), but i want to know EXACTLY what to do after i join them :)

Thank you all very much...

after joining the L1's correctly you should be able to change the multiplier of your cpu. i'm not sure if this is done in the bios or with jumpers on the a7v. look it up in your manual.

there wouldn't b new options... well not as i know of...
u will just b able to change the multiplier
that function may b in bios or on jumper

Ok, well, first off i have the same mainboard and i was expecting the same thing as u when i unlocked it, look in your mainboard manual on how to change the multiplier setings with the dip switches on the board, i would rather be able to do it in the bios too, but ohwell:(

The A7VE for sure has multiplier options on DiP switches on the motherboard (not sure about BIOS). In order to set your multiplier using these, you'd need to move a jumper on your motherboard from "Jumperless" to "Jumper settings" mode. This would allow you to do All modifications (Voltage, Multiplier, FSB to some extent) from DIPs and Jumpers on your motherboard. This is the way my older A7V was.

850!

Ok, i've set it to jumper setting on motherboard. I must have done a good job join the l1 bridges, coz i've got it running from 800 to 850. (Not that big a deal really)

When i try setting it higher, it goes back to 800. I am nearly certain that this is becasue my CPU voltage is too low (at 1.58v atm).

I know i have to change it on the motherboard, but my manual says nothing of what to do to change it. I don't even know where it is located.

So, could someone with a similar board tell me where it is and how to do it?

Thanks a lot guys :)

Bump

*Bumps post up*

You said you have same board as me bigfoot? Do you know where to change the voltage for CPU then? I need to get it higher than 1.58v.

It doesn't say in motherboard manual, but if it does then direct me to which page :)

Thanks.

I really need to know...

BUMP

Ok, so there isn't much interest in this post.

Could someone please tell me (or show with pic) where the voltage for cpu is usually raised on a motherboard?
Just so i know what to look for???

PLEASE???????????????

How though!?

I know it has to be higher than 1.58v, but how!?
It doesn't say in the manual how or even mention it.

Please, someone with a SIMILAR board please reply on how to do it...

Thank you

i looked all through the online manual but i couldn't find it...i *think* there's a trick you can do with the L7 bridges on the duron to fool the motherboard into thinking it's an athlon and give it more power....you might try looking somewhere for more specifics on that

Austen said:
My specs :

Amd Duron 800
Asus A7V-E Motherboard (VIA Apollo KT133 Chipset)
512mb pc133 (good quality) sdram
Pixel View Geforce 2MX 400 32mb
Yaba yaba yaba......

Now heres my question :

How do i know if my CPU is unlocked? I've joined the L1 bridges using a pencil, but when i go into bios there are no new options.
Could someone please tell me what options are meant to show up? I will try joining them again (the bridges), but i want to know EXACTLY what to do after i join them :)

Thank you all very much...

On the a7v you can only do it on the mobo itself using jumpers.

Thanks

Thanks for that link to toms hardware. It helped me greatly :)
I've now got my 800 to 1000. For some reason it will not go higher :(

Maybe i could follow the guide on Toms and etch away some of the bridges on the lx's so it can think it's a 1100? Will this work?

Anyway, i'm happy atm. The temp is below 30 degrees, but i'm still curious on how high it can go :)

Back