• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

free stuff rocks!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

i was walking home from a m8's house and i found a tower case and a monitor everything intact and wrapped up in black binbags so i took the tower home and installed a video card as there was none with it, I hooked it up to another monitor and booted it up nothing on monitor and the fans on cpu would spin up then just stop,

also a very high pitched sound from the psu i figured this was the problem so i replaced psu and booted up everything seemed ok, i reformated and i am currently installing windows the specs are quite good for a free pc-

1ghz pentium III

30gb hd

dvd rom drive

256mb ram

floppy drive

faulty psu had to replace

no sound or graphics card, surprisingly not a sound or graphics card onboard either.

Nice! Hope you don't run into any other problems with it. May I ask, what manufactorer made it? Or is it a home made one? :thup:

know what mobo is in the thing? im looking to replace an old P3 mobo, no oc'ing, and i need one :D, but anyways nice find, hope it isnt a dud down the road...then again it was free

lol i think its a gigabyte mobo its custom built. Ive just finished installing windows and i am gonna get some more ram for it seeing as its xp and i only have 256 :( l8erz dudes gonna hit the sack after a hard days parkour

kk this pc needs 3 things to work ive found the following-

GFX card- Connect 3D Radeon 7000 i know this is realy rubish bet its the cheapest i could find and i hope it will just do its job, wat do u think?

RAM- 256mb pc133 sdram nothing flashy here.

PSU- silver 500w psu i know what people say about cheap psu's but this one seems to do its job ,all reviews say it was good and no major problems

thats all any comments welcome

I would just buy a 350w Fortron. You don't need 500w to power that system so don't take a chance on a bad PSU.

If you have already purchased the 500 watt no-name PSU, I don't think you need to worry. The PSU will most likely not be pushed, due to the components, so the rate of failure is significantly lower than if it were straining under load. I think that PSU should power it just fine, though if you haven't bought it yet I would also recommend the Fortron 350W. Nice find, good luck, and FOLD!

I wouldn't buy that PSU. Even though it will not really be pushed I would recommend a 300/350w PSU from a good brand.

It is unfortunate that computers are not disposed of and made easily availible in the United States of America like one was for RIPSTER.

Good find man!

I love free swag, one time from school I picked up 7 pentium 3 slot 1 processors all running at 667mhz and still in the boxes and shrink wrap for free (still got them around here somewhere).

Daewood...ino this isnt the classifieds...but if u want to get rida some of those P3 slot 1 cpus i would most def be interested...pm em email me if u wanna sell a couple

Some guy was selling 24 untested socket 478 3.0ghz cpus on Ebay. Whenever I go to somebody's house or something, and they have some old computers hanging around I ask if they want it and then they usually don't and I get it for free. I got a nice 17(or18) inch flatscreen CRT when I asked and I also get some cool schwag.

-1cem4n

Back