• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SanDiego @ 51 degrees

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zentar

Registered
Is 51 or 52 degrees to high of a temp to run my comp at under full load? I have a SD 4000+ core watercooled and OC'd to 2900 @ 1.60v. It idles in the mid 40's, but hits 51-52 degrees under load when im gaming. Considering i have 2 6800gt's SLi'd, when gaming my cpu remains at 100% load usaully. I know pentiums run very hot but i was curious if any OC'ers out there have run their chips at these temps consistantly for long periods of time?

That's a tad warm considering you're water cooled, but not to warm to be concerned. My concern is that you have either a bad water loop or poor contact with the CPU, because with silient air cooling even i was at ~38C idle, ~50C load with 1.6v The San Diego tends to run a little warm compared to say a Venice. If your overclock isn't affected i wouldn't worry about that at all myself. I would think about re-seating your block though, and seeing if that helps. But regardless you're not in any extreme danger.

so what is a safe temp for a venice/SD? i read somewhere that the max die temp is 60C or something.. im getting worried when my Venice gets above 40C, so i shouldnt be worried? sorry threadjacking, but i guess its on the same kinda topic

Careface*

Careface said:
so what is a safe temp for a venice/SD? i read somewhere that the max die temp is 60C or something.. im getting worried when my Venice gets above 40C, so i shouldnt be worried? sorry threadjacking, but i guess its on the same kinda topic

Careface*

40C is NOTHING if you're refering to load temps. I wouldn't even be concerned unless i was up in the ~65C load range. I think thermal spec is like 70C but i could be wrong, don't quote me on that. If you're in the 50C range you're doing just fine for air cooling. Water that's a little concerning that something else isn't going right.

Back