• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any RAM running 600DDR on Intel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lbbo2002

I have not paid any attention to what the new RAM is doing since it seems to only run higher on the AMD platform. Is there any ram currently out that will run 600DDR (300 FSB) on a intel plateform even if high volts are needed?

The Gskill, Adata, OCZ, and Mushkin stuff just doesn't run over 275-285 1:1 on my intel systems.

I know some of you were trying to find some that would run 1:1 at 300 anyone get there?

batboy said:
G.SKILL Extreme Series DDR600 won't run 300 FSB? What about OCZ Platinum PC-4800?

Its the MBs, not the RAM.

I have plenty of RAM that can do 300+ and only 1 Intel MB that has so many mods its silly.

Most 865/875 Mbs crap out around 270-280 1:1

Well atleast I didn't miss something on the intel side. I just built an AMD box to complement my othe intel systems and it was doing over 300+ with the same RAM so I guess the on die mem controller helps push the RAM speed.

Do any of the new intel 775 chipset/MB achive the 300+ DDR speed?

lbbo2002 said:
Well atleast I didn't miss something on the intel side. I just built an AMD box to complement my othe intel systems and it was doing over 300+ with the same RAM so I guess the on die mem controller helps push the RAM speed.

Do any of the new intel 775 chipset/MB achive the 300+ DDR speed?

The only new 775 DDR chipset is the 915, and its a piece of junk. Can't run much more than 250 fsb on them.

For DDR and LGA, 865/875 remains king.

Thanks {PMS}fishy

I guess I will wait to upgrade until the Intel products come out with the socket changed next year. Price vs performance doesn't warrant anything at the moment other than being something new to play with.

Back