• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are there any reviews of the Vapochill Micro?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

frenzy20

I just noticed that the Vapochill Micros are now available, I only found one seller in the US though. Here. I don't know if its a good seller or worth it, They do have a good rating. I saw some sites for UK that had it for like 15.
Are there any reviews out yet for it though? Should I buy it?

so im pretty much a cooling noob...so al this really is is some heatpipes with some sort of coolant in it with some fins on the pipes to allow for better removal of heat, by fan..thats all there is to it, no big ugly power-consuming box like on a full sized vapochill?

Once again, they are not compatible with XP's. I think thermaltake is the only company making compatible heatsinks for the XP's anymore. Guess I'm stuck.

This has been a very talked about cooler because of it's inovative design. I can't find any reviews about it. I'm guess they are still trying to distribute them.

I know how they work =)

Apparently after an email back from them., the chambers on the bottom and in the HS are filled with some type of vaper/gas. I would assume that might help cooling performance.

Nikkel_WM2.jpg

VAPOCHILL said:
Nevertheless, the vapor chamber technology of the VapoChill - utilizing an evaporation process directly on the CPU - is in all its simplicity the most cost/effective and most efficient CPU cooling solution on the market.

Vapochill said:
Remove up to 150W with the new, revolutionary CPU cooler based on the unique and patented VapoChill vapor chamber technology.

CPU_VCM.jpg

bottomfritlagt.jpg

Last edited:
more pics:
Schematics
VCM_Schematics.jpg

How it works: By extracting heat from the CPU, a closed sealed fluid will evaporate and reach top of the pipes - this gaseous form will then be cooled by an efficient fan and radiator and turn into a solid fluid form again where as it will hit the bottom of the CPU cooler once more. The recirculation of the coolant is based on gravity. In other words, no mechanical parts and basically unlimited reliability. This circular process will go on and on and keep the CPU temperature cool at all times – even at a low noise level.

3dview-chrome-tans-1.jpg

In case:

VCMicro_mounted.jpg

ryanmartini said:
How it works: By extracting heat from the CPU, a closed sealed fluid will evaporate and reach top of the pipes - this gaseous form will then be cooled by an efficient fan and radiator and turn into a solid fluid form again where as it will hit the bottom of the CPU cooler once more. The recirculation of the coolant is based on gravity. In other words, no mechanical parts and basically unlimited reliability. This circular process will go on and on and keep the CPU temperature cool at all times – even at a low noise level.

If its based on gravity, wouldn't need to be tilted slightly upward to work effectivly? From all the pictures I've seen of it, they have it horizontal.

I wonder how it will compare to the high end heatsinks out right now. It looks interesting. Cant wait for some buyer reviews.

Yuriman said:
If its based on gravity, wouldn't need to be tilted slightly upward to work effectivly? From all the pictures I've seen of it, they have it horizontal.

It is tilted at an angle:

------/

best i could do without opening paint.

Looks nice. I’m curious why they use R134a instead of water and what that will do for performance. Does R134a have a lower boiling point?

hyperasus said:
Looks nice. I’m curious why they use R134a instead of water and what that will do for performance. Does R134a have a lower boiling point?
Uhh... yeah...

If its filled with water it wont do anything, the liquid inside this vaporizes when it hits the cpu, therefore removing heat.

BigRed said:
Uhh... yeah...

If its filled with water it wont do anything, the liquid inside this vaporizes when it hits the cpu, therefore removing heat.

What about Thermalright and these other companies? Do they use the same fluid in their heat pipes. For some reason I always thought they were using water in the heatpipes.

Back