• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

could someone help me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgrumpy16

could someone tell me where to buy a good cooling fan
for a asus a7v133 1.2 gig cpu
my temps are reading 60 c

ill send up to 60 dollars on a fan maybe in the future ill wanna over clock it

Several Options

There really are a BUNCH of options for you. The main deciding factor (assuming you have decided to overclock) is how much noise can you deal with (if you are going with air cooling).

The best quiet air cooler seems to be the Glaciator from Millennium Thermal (I just ordered mine). It performs at or near the top of every shootout I see and it has much less noise than the other HSFs. It is around $40 delivered.

Probably the best HSF for cooling is the SK6 from Thermalright. It does use a high speed fan which makes a bunch of noise.

I'd say those two are the best candidates for air cooling.

If you are looking at watercooling, I am out of my element but I am sure others here could offer some help in that area.

Hope this helps.

dungabee is right, however, for a little less noise, try the alpha 8045. it is BIG, but... it is MUCH quieter, because it uses a bigger fan. (bigger fan doesnt have to turn as fast to push the same amount of air). plus, its a bigger heatsink, so it doesnt require as much airflow to cool it... its a fairly quiet heatsink for as much as it cools.

the SK6 is a dope heatsink though.

Back