• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI RS480M2-IL: A stable board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stavros

I've been looking at the MSI SR480M2-IL for a SFF box I plan on building. My question is is it a stable board? I'm not going to mess with OCing just yet as it is going to be my first build.

I built a rig for my wife using this mobo, runs with no broblems. Although if you're planing on oc later, I would get something else, the mobo doesn't oc well from what I heard. One other thing, there's no motherboard monitor software that comes with the board, so you'll have to find it yourself. It also uses 24-pin psu conector, but it's not required. You can use 20-pin psu as well. All in all it's a good budget mobo with good features, I would recomend it. Good luck!

Last edited:
Well, the mobo should be fine for gaming, that is of course if you get a pci-e video card. Playing modern games on onboard video is not what I would recomend. If you want something better for oc and and hard core gaming I would go with Nvidia NF4 Ultra/SLI chipset. It all depends on your budget...Good luck!

Back