• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck ..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

turtledance

I just bought this chiefmax case off of ebay . I was surfing the web and came across this case that looked like my case but by the powmax people .

I went searching and like i guessed powmax and chiefmax are the same company .

Now the problem is powmax has really crappy power supplies and on new egg everyone gave this case with its psu a low rating . They all said the psu will die in 9 monthes or so .

My problem is i built this pc for someone and i wont be able to fx it if it dies .

Also , I am not sure if this model will die like the other one .

Yeh , I'm a bit scattered here and i am leaning to dumping this psu .

what would you guys do and do you know anyhing about powmax/chiefmax?

turtledance said:
I just bought this chiefmax case off of ebay . I was surfing the web and came across this case that looked like my case but by the powmax people .

I went searching and like i guessed powmax and chiefmax are the same company .

Now the problem is powmax has really crappy power supplies and on new egg everyone gave this case with its psu a low rating . They all said the psu will die in 9 monthes or so .

My problem is i built this pc for someone and i wont be able to fx it if it dies .

Also , I am not sure if this model will die like the other one .

Yeh , I'm a bit scattered here and i am leaning to dumping this psu .

what would you guys do and do you know anyhing about powmax/chiefmax?

My interpretation of 'Powmax'.

Taking your POW... to the MAX!

Powmaxes are known to explode (literally, they blow up). I'd replace it with a Fortron-Source Power/Sparkle Power Int. ASAP. FSP Group (Fortron/Sparkle) is the best bang for the buck you'll ever find in a PSU.

btw:

Welcome to the Overclockers Forums!

I have the powmax case from newegg, The psu blew, it cant handle P4 Prescotts and a couple of the drives, I replaced it with an ANTEC 300 watter and its all good.

ooo .. yeh , thats the review i read . the powmax blew on everyone .

i have a chiefmax but that is pretty much a powmax . well it is .

i am using the ASYS 450w ..my parents ordered a new case on newegg yesterday and now theres a spare psu from their old case :)

btw ,its true about what the user above said about sparkle psu's . i have an old one (300w) that i put in my brothers pc and this thing has been kicking for a few years .

powmax makes nice cases for a cheap price but their psu's are pretty bad . i didnt even know this was a cheifmax and how they are connected to powmax . if i wouldve known , i wouldnt have bought it .

something didnt sound right . you were the first person i would have ever known to have a powmax psu running for more than 9 months without it going on fire :0

Back