• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel e7500cw2 dual xeon mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juliendogg

Any chance of overclocking this thing? It's the e7500 chipset w/ 400mhz bus. Clock Gen does not list a version for it.....

J.

I'm 90% sure that Intel box boards do not have overclocking friendly BIOS's. Intel has no interest in letting you overclock, so their boards would not allow it. The fact that ClockGen doesn't have an entry just reinforces that idea.

I figured as much. The bios not allowing for overclocking doesn't have much to do with the PLL though. Otherwise there would be no need for a program like ClockGen ;) . I've successfully overclocked many an Intel branded board in the past using SoftFSB and ClockGen.

Anyway, I kinda figured it was worth asking since there's alot of folks around here that know more than I do about Intel SMP.

Thanks!!

J.

Oh yeah! Instead of starting a new thread...

I finally got my dual xeon running! :D. It's a beautiful thing too!

2 X 2.4/512/400 HT xeons, Intel e7500 mobo, using 80gb maxtor to play with, I will be using hardware raid 5 with 4 or 5 18.2 u160 on 2ch compaq sa5302 u320 controller. Eventually i will be able to afford u320 drives for it, lol. The 160's are pretty darn quick. I have 11 of them, all 18.2 10k rpm. 8 of them are in my quad xeon box right now. I have to decide wich box to keep for my server and wich to sell. Perhaps i will keep them both :D.

J.

dicecca112 said:
E-pimpage (aka pics would be nice)

Can do. It's a mess still, I'll get around to cleaning up the wiring and fixing it up a bit more. It took a bit of modding to get that board and psu into that old 4U rackmount case. It came with 2 X 200w mini redundant PSU. That's an FSP 460 powering the rig now. Seems to do pretty good for juice. The 2 X 200w unit actually ran my previous game server pretty well. I suppose it's load balancing or else it never would have ran. The old game server is still in sig. Trying to decide what to do with that machine as well. I have way to many computers :D

on with the pics

EPSN0105.jpg

EPSN0106.jpg

EPSN0107.jpg

J.

*edit* oops, typo in every one of the image URL's. Should work now :D.

J. (again)

Last edited:
too many images in one post.. grumble grumble..

the finale'

EPSN0108.jpg

And my rack as it exists now. If i keep the dually she'll be going in right under the quad.

EPSN0109.jpg

J.

juliendogg said:
Man, all the trouble to post pics and i don't even get any props. :(.

LOL

J.

You need some windows, glowing lights, and lcds all over the place... then you'll get plenty of props ;-]

Having a rack would be cool.. although I have no need for one, having one of those real short contained racks would be neat :-]

perfectturmoil said:
You need some windows, glowing lights, and lcds all over the place... then you'll get plenty of props ;-]

Having a rack would be cool.. although I have no need for one, having one of those real short contained racks would be neat :-]

More than enough lights and windows in my watercooled rig upstairs. Those pics are in the basement. Basements are for serving :D.

J.

Back