• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200+ stock running 49*C/57+*C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snipe3D

According to my monitoring utility (obviously not accurate) the system/case temperature is anywhere from 32-40*C. When I load the CPU it now is reaching 57*C. Does this sound right for the given system temperature, with stock HS/F?

Doesn't sound unusual, there are too many factors to list that effect case and cpu temp. I'd say as long as your under 60C load and your stable you'll be fine.

ok, well the room is quite warm, we have an older home with not-top-of-the-line circulation...the lower 2 floors are freezing and the 2nd floor is hot.. =\

so is 50-65*C safe load temp for barton 3200+? and yes, stock cooling, mid tower, with fairly clean cabling, and 2 90mm fans (1 exhaust, 1 intake)

65 is kind of pushing it but it will survive. Low 60's was as far as I would go with my 2500 but 3200 run hotter.

As long as your stable, it should be ok.

Have you tried re-seating the HSF? What paste are you using? How much are you using? (Should use very little) If your using generic paste, you might pick up some AS5 as that should drop it a couple of degrees.

Bios24 said:
As long as your stable, it should be ok.

Have you tried re-seating the HSF? What paste are you using? How much are you using? (Should use very little) If your using generic paste, you might pick up some AS5 as that should drop it a couple of degrees.

like i stated before, its completely stock. using the crappy pad.

i ordered a fortron ax500 which should be here on tuesday, ill try reseating it with some paste (not AS5, but this stuff is still better then the pad, im sure) when i get that installed.

Paste, so long as applied correctly, will be better than the thermal pad 99% of the time. Lowering your ambient will help with keeping the temps down. Also do you have Cool & Quiet support on?

Moto7451 said:
Paste, so long as applied correctly, will be better than the thermal pad 99% of the time. Lowering your ambient will help with keeping the temps down. Also do you have Cool & Quiet support on?

i dont recall any BIOS setting for Cool & Quiet.

Epox 8rda3+..i dont know the exact specs on the bios version off hand. ill dig around in the BIOS later tonight to see if i can find any setting for Cool/Quiet..and be sure to turn that **** off.

I just went in to the BIOS and there is no setting on CPU fan speed controlling (cool / quiet..whatever). the only thing related to the temp was shutdown temp, which i have disabled.

Back