• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connect 3D scam?!!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD-Me

Well the whole project started to replace the crappy thermal compound on my brand new x800xl bought from Monarch Computer. As I wiped off the thermal compound I saw the familiar X800 logo on the chip, as i looked closer I didnt see an XL under the x800 but a PRO. Upon even further inspection I saw the chip labeled r430, which is either x800/XL. But the logo is clearly x800 pro. Heres a pic for refernce:

bummer...i guess you could stick it to em and flash it to a xt. that would show them whos boss!

but seriously what i would do would be to use AtiTool and see what it says...then go from there

this kinda worries me...i just purchased a x800xl off of newegg...granted its not pci express like yours but still..

AMD-Me said:
Well the whole project started to replace the crappy thermal compound on my brand new x800xl bought from Monarch Computer. As I wiped off the thermal compound I saw the familiar X800 logo on the chip, as i looked closer I didnt see an XL under the x800 but a PRO. Upon even further inspection I saw the chip labeled r430, which is either x800/XL. But the logo is clearly x800 pro. Heres a pic for refernce:

I am not sure what you are complaining about. An R430 core IS the GPU used on 16 pipe XL cards.

A x800Pro PCIe would be an R423 core and the dies to not have an "R" core number etched onto them.

Viper

Last edited:
Same reason that my x800xl AGP card is a R430 x800 Pro PCI Express chip slapped on it? Yes... Why make 50 different chips when 5 will suffice? Besides, they have to label it somethin else anyways, hence the core rXXX change.

all x800 xl cores say that ;) idono y its there lol but it is a r430 x800xl :)

btw if i was u i wouldent try flashing it cause the x800xt bios wasnt designed for that core :(

Thanks guys. That has to be the nicest shineyest flattest core ive ever dealt with.

Back