• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

coolant = antifreeze?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EspElement

yea i know its a noobie question.. but i ordered 1 bottle of coolant and it says its enough for 1 liter.. and i know when my res comes (tomorrow) its gonna be more then 1 liter.. could i use anti freeze as an substitute?

thanks guys im noob at water!!

antifreeze works too but I wouldn't mix coolant w/ antifreeze, look at the Poll about how much you should mix distilled water w/ antifreeze

ahh sweet yea i checked it out.. my fans are here but ups delivers late so im still waitin for the rest.. im gonna go with the 10% sounds like the most common anyways haha thanks guys!

I'd watch out with antifreeze. Most antifreezes are based on ethylene glycol, which (at least for me) started sticking to my tubes, and it looked nasty. There are alternatives out there, check the antifreeze thread for some of them.

Back