• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dr. Watson Debugger Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

can someone by any chance help me get rid of this or what not? everytime i go into windows explorer and try to lets say delete files or what not right clicking them adn going into properties i get these errors coming up and they relate to that Dr. Watson Debugger and i hit Dont not send and then it closes windows explorer and stuff happens over and over again. so pleae help me out with this help is greatly appriciated.

bump anyone? i have the hijack this log file of this. can someone help me?

I was having alot of crashes that related to the Dr watson debugger after my XP install with my new MB and proc. After a few days of putting up with it crashing every 20-30 mins i did a google search to find out how to turn it off. Here is the registrty string that you need to edit to turn off Dr Watson.
So far for me I have noticed no ill effects after 2 weeks without it.

thx alot but when i go to Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\DrWatson
i dont have a DrWatson folder within the shared documents folder and i enabled hidden files and folder view

Stiffler69 said:
thx alot but when i go to Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\DrWatson
i dont have a DrWatson folder within the shared documents folder and i enabled hidden files and folder view

I don't know about that one. I don't seem to have that folder either. The orginal instructions I looked up just had the registry string to alter, it did not mention deleting a log file. But since i don't have the folder it couldn't of been that important in the first place.

Back