• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster Real Power 550 W?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raj Mahal

Registered
Has anyone had any experience with the coolermaster real power 450 or 550 W? Some guy in my neighborhood at a yard sale is selling the coolermaster real power 550 W for 80 bucks. He said he has had it for about a month, loved it, but needed to sell his computer. He said he could hook it up for me and show me it runs and all that. If anyone reading this thread doesn't know, i bought a powmax case (it looks really sweet) but i wanna trash the PSU. Lemme know what you think about this coolermaster 550 W for 80 bucks. Thanks!

They look to be of competent design and decent quality of manufacture, but have smallish 12V rails. You could do worse, but you can do a lot better too. The 550W is an (unusual) 3-12V rail unit--none of them very large.

I bought and installed the Cooler Master Real Power 550 a couple of months ago.

Strangely, it shuts down for no apparent reason.

My system is not pulling much power. I needed a new power supply so bought one which I thought would be good for a future build of an AMD system with a SLI motherboard.

In this system I have an Asus P4P800E, P4 2.66, 1GB DDRAM, 2 HDD, 2 optical drives and plenty of cooling. Power into the system is conditioned via an APC UPS.

Has anyone else besides Tomshardware.com experienced this with this unit?

Back