• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Probs with my KT7A-R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
I have been having problems for some time with my mobo, now it is having trouble with my RAM. For some reason, Norton will kick out errors when testing my RAM and my computer is running slower than it did 1 month ago. This all started after a power outage, a sudden one. I have good ram ( Crucial ). Last night, my computer went freaky and my monitor became SUPER BRIGHT and then the computer froze...I am thinking this is the PS, not positive, what are your thoughts? Is it the RAM, the mobo...could my PS be causing ALL the troubles...there error always occurs when Norton is testing after a zero write I believe it is called.

MBM 5 reports my Vs as

5+ 5.10
3.3 is steady about 3.5
12 is 12+

I don't get it....

NyTe

Last edited:
Your voltages look normal as there is always a +.1 or more. The thing to check to see if your PSU is about to fart out on is the amount of change during idle & load. These are my idle voltages;

did i read that right 149x7?

did you try 8x133? that kind of fsb would be freakin my board out for sure as well as hd corruption.i wuld try other combinations that lowerd the fsb while keeping the oc where you want it.that board smokes some *ss if it will run at all at that speed,i cant even boot past 140 even at cas3.what is your pci and agp running at?

i dont have norton so i am not fimiliar with their utilities but i am pretty sure the fsb is a little high for stable writes to te hard drive.

-

Well if the KT7A-R is a KT133 chipset, that might be part of the problem, given that KT133's were unstable at over 140FSB right from the factory. I agree. Try using 133 bus.

sorry i haven't updated my sig...but i am only sitting at stock speed which is 200 FSB ( 100 )...the comp slowed down on that one day and hasn't been the same since...i fixed ALL the crashes it used to have, now i don't know why it is crashing (although it has been up with no probs for two days (knock on wood))...i don't understand this...could i have messed up something when the power went off? and if i did, would it be the board or the PS? MBM 5 says basically the PS is fine, but norton says the ram is bad and it takes over a minute to load windows (used to take seconds)...

please someone give me some info, ne1 had this prob be4 with ANY MOBO???

that speed could have corrupted data written to the drive(this happend to me many times oc'ing this board)i began getting freezes and bsod's.run system file checker and see if windows is missing files or has corrupted files.if you have 98 or 98se run dr. watson.if you have a backup before you began having problems go back to it and see if your problems clear up(of coarse backing up current config first)even if scandisc finds no errors your file system could be the culprit.

Back