• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolWebSearch being used for Identity theft.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya I just heard about that today, thats some sick stuff. Atleast now I have more propganda to use against unchecked internet usage within companies :)

Nice link, thanks for the info. I know I've removed CWS from friends computers for them, so that definitely makes me feel good -- while at the same time validating my paranoia :sn: In anycase this article is a great thing to point someone to who doubts the dangers of not being aware of internet security. That hower brings up another point...

pik4chu said:
Atleast now I have more propganda to use against unchecked internet usage within companies

As someone who turns to the internet to help pass the day (lol, and no I'm not posting from work now :p ) I would take exception to this comment if it wasn't for the fact that I'm probably the only one in my office of around 400 people to understand why this is actually an appropriate stance.

Does the microsoft spyware remover detect coolweb? It would be nice if there was a way for Anti-Virus products to detect spyware as it was trying to install. not sure if the fingerprint option would work.

Back