• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what should I do if I want to fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the_answer03

Registered
what should I do if I want to fold?

My brother has all of the computers in our mom and dad's houses running folding at home, even mine. It starts with windows on my computer and I have to stop the task. I want to run it for myself and on some of the computers in our houses. My brother runs it on 3 athlon xps, 2 athlon 64s, a mac dual g4. Only the laptops and imac don't have it. I shut down folding at home all the time I am on any computer and don't let it through any firewall like my brother does by turning off the firewalls on all the computers so that folding at home works. How can I change folding at home so it will work for me?

To make it fold for you, find the client.cfg file in the folding directory and open it with NOTEPAD. Change the username to yours and save it. then restart the comp and it will be folding for you.

the_answer03 said:
and don't let it through any firewall like my brother does by turning off the firewalls on all the computers so that folding at home works. How can I change folding at home so it will work for me?

That is a bit troubling to me. Should not need to disable your firewall to get F@H to work.

Back