• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

all custom aluminum case water cooled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aharpro26

Registered
I know i like pictures so i'll start with them

The acrylic had some dust on it and made it look bad.

The back end needs some work

perfect grill for that radiator

OK now i'll start my novel about this case. I wanted to know what people think about this design. I designed it and had my grandpa build it for me (all for free!). It is all aluminum. The sides are punched. The edges are welded. Yes, that's right. welded aluminum.
I believe this is still a project, because i still have to fix some on the back and paint it. Also, i would like to put either a LIS 2 Blue Eyes LCD and black light in it. The last pic is taken with a big black light i have near the case. You can barely tell there is UV dye in the tubes. I'll have to add more somehow. I'll mount the small LCD temp monitor right underneath the pump (looking at it from top view). The paint is going to sell it. My dad works for Sherwin Williams Automotive and NAPA. He's getting me that stuff that turns 2 colors when at different angles. I'll have it professionally sprayed in a booth. I can't wait for that, but i have to get all the metal work on the back finished first. When we built the actual case, we didn't have the Athena Power 450W microATX power supply. We guess and we were wrong. You can tell i'm not so good at drilling when you see the missed wholes for the power supply. that is going to have to be cut out and welded back on.

Specs:
Asus P4P800-VM
P4 3.2E
Sapphire 9600XT 256mb
1gb Corsair Value Select
200GB Maxtor
450W Athena Power microATX
Tygon 1/2" tubing 10% Pentosin Blue Antifreeze (wow i have a lot left) 90% distilled and UV dye
Black Ice Pro II
Danger Den TDX 478
Danger Den D5 pump
Two Antec 80CFM 120mm fans with two temporary Zalman Fan Mates. Runs quiet on full

I plan on upgrading mobo cpu and vid, but still deciding

I know i forgot somehting so let me know if you need more info. Any opinion is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Looks great, I like how you only have one slot at the back for your graphics card :D Good construction and the acrylic sides are sweet.

really puts my custom case to shame....a true craftsman is shown when he makes everything up of his own....compaired to me ripping stuff out of others

thanks for the positive comments. yeah i thought i only needed 1 slot for AGP/PCI-E because you can get everything external these days. Saves me from carrying around a huge thing for LAN

wow

dang kid that is one awesome case
i hope it lasts u a while because it looks like u put a lot of time into it
it better be made to support more than jus that one mobo cuz mobo's get outdated pretty quickly
good luck :cool:

i would use diff screws on the open front area, something either more flashy or something that melds more with the case.

That is one really slick little case. I really would like to see this with the paint job you are describing.

i plan on getting blue thumb screws for the acrylic sides (8 screws) and i'm going to be painting the heads on all the external screws. Probably a shade of blue like everything else. I have to get the power supply welded the way it should be, then i can get it painted. This is going to take a while, because i am so busy with soccer and school is starting :bang head

i actually had the heart to take it all apart a couple days ago. I am currently in the process of finding a local aluminum welder that can fix my PSU hole problem. After that is done i can send it off to a guy that is going to paint it. Any suggestions on color? I was thinking a black/blue pearlescent (colors flip) paint. I am also going to get the dual 4" UV lights. Finally, I am getting new hardware. A guy is buying a computer from me, so i'm pulling out my mobo, RAM, HD, vid card, and i'm throwing in a 3.0E i have lying around. I'm buying a giga-byte GA-8IG1000MK, XFX 6800 128mb (plan to "soft-mod" that to 16 pipes), OCZ Enhanced Latency 2x512mb, and maxtor 250gb 16mb cache SATA. I have to hurry on the rebate for that vid card though.

thanks for all your positive comments people

That is an awesome case. I am going to be doing the same thing except on a larger scale. It will have regular atx with water cooling, 2 cd drives, 2 hard drives, 1 floppy drive, and powersupply. I am also going to try and make a custom fan controller/ temp monitor using a yet to be determined micro controller.

Great job on the design of the case though. It takes a lot of work to plan stuff like that out. I have been drawing mine up in solid works for weeks and still havent decided on a final layout.

Back