• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Grumpy , and so I'll complain about the Client.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dfonda

Senior Golfer
The 7.6 fah client... Why when I pause it for a couple days does it need a reboot to perform at it's peak again ?...Importantly the Data has to be deleted. This wouldn't take long but you need to finish the WU's.:(

It also does this on power outages.:(

Why does the fah site not get instructions up for Ubuntu that work easily ?:( Or any Linux instructions for any Distro.

There is a reason I want my Granddaughter to call me Grumpy Grampa...

If Colin or Scottie win the Masters..I'll be back to my cheerful self tonight. :beer:

I agree. FAH definitely doesn't have a lot of stuff for Linux distros. The Arch wiki has some useful info. I haven't had to delete any data to get it working at peak, but I have noticed that it takes a little bit of time to ramp up after pausing.

To add to this, the power went out twice late last night and after turning the PC's on the first time left them off till this morning after the storm passed....They look like they are not performing (All 3). So I am finishing and will install them again...

They only started doing this in the last year or two , seems related to the newest client.

What I don't want is to run these GPU's at less than max and waste my electric. So it's a finish and reinstall every time just to be sure and that's a PITA. :waiting:

Thank goodness Scottie won his 2nd masters last night. :cheers:

EDIT: Everything at max again after install. The one PC (Win 11) did not need anything.

Last edited:
I agree. FAH definitely doesn't have a lot of stuff for Linux distros. The Arch wiki has some useful info. I haven't had to delete any data to get it working at peak, but I have noticed that it takes a little bit of time to ramp up after pausing.
Yeah I was giving them a day to see if they evened out...Then I forget about them and find out days later they never recovered and instead of 25 mill it might be doing 14 mill...

Back