• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi VM SMP Guide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You may be alright, I can't speak for a debian install, but in Ubuntu, you need to reset the power saving options if you want to keep FAH running at full speed, otherwise it ratchets itself back after a bit, and runs in just a power saving "cruise" speed, and may even stop entirely, depending on what that version's default is set for.

So where would you find these power saving options to reset them? How about checking:

1) Your BIOS

2) Windows 7

3) Debian

Happy Hunting! Congratulations on getting Debian set up in a VM, and on the new Windows 7 beta, no less - that's quite a feat, in my book. :clap: :clap: :clap:

P.S. -forceasm is obsolete now. Some of my clients still have it, but you don't need it. It eliminates a rude one line print out on fahlog.txt about "Using standard loops", which used to be a devil of a message to get with the old uniprocessor client.

Thanks for the help Adak. I wasn't sure about the forceasm and I am glad I asked.

May not be as pretty as the others, but it's at least there for now. Have been swamped as of late

Hey Cluster... just so you're aware, this guide has been linked from the Intro and FAQ stickies now. I will continue to maintain the links directly to this thread so you can make updates at your leisure. :)

Fold On Kids! :beer:

It's not valid. VMware Player supports 8 cores so there is absolutely no reason to run more than one VM, unless you're running something like VMware ESXI on a 16 core rig.

good to know, should we have a mod close this thread? or if someone wants to write a new updateed guide, me i got no time, only enough to bump old threads :d

Back