• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to find TCP-IP Drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyLumpkin

Registered
Hi. I just got a new HD for my secondary computer. Unfortunately there are no drivers. As a matter of fact, under "Other Devices" (that should be called internet protocol?) I can see the ethernet controller but its got a ? for an icon. When checking the properties I get the following information...

-The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28).

I can't get that machine online and I can't find the initial install disk. When trying to update it says it can not. What can I do to get these drivers?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

You are not looking for TCP/IP drivers. Look at your network card, and see if you can find out what the manufacturer and model number is, then go on the internet, find and download the driver (then floppydisk it across to the other computer) and install it.

su root said:
You are not looking for TCP/IP drivers. Look at your network card, and see if you can find out what the manufacturer and model number is, then go on the internet, find and download the driver (then floppydisk it across to the other computer) and install it.

Thank you thank you! I'll do that.

Back