• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Fatal Error during slipstreamed XP SP2 install! Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keys

Registered
I did all the slipstreaming according to DFI forums http://www.angrygames.com/slipstream_sp2.htm and booted from the CD perfectly fine. I installed the raid software, formatted the array, and everything copied properly. However, after restart and it boots from the hardrive into Windows setup, I get an "Error: SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file "D:\I386\asms\10100\Msft\Windows\GdiPlus\gdiplus.ca _" on line 0.

Error: Installation failed: D\I386\asms. Error Message: Manifest Parse Error: Manifest Parse Error: An Invalid character was found in text content.

Fatal Error: One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

Manifest Parse Error: An Invalid character was found in text content."

Then it closes setup and restarts... What does this mean, what went wrong? Any way to get by or fix it? Im stuck.

Here's my rig setup if that makes a difference:

DFI NF4 UT Ultra-D 6/23-3 BIOS
San Diego 3700 CABGE 0524XPMW
2x512MB OCZ Plat Rev. 2 PC3200
eVGA 6800GT PCI-E
2 Hitachi Deskstar 80GB SATA II RAID0
NEC ND-3540A DVD
OCZ Powerstream 520W
Lian Li PC-V1200
Stock HSF + AS5

Back