• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

19" LCD Monitor PROBLEM!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dpgthing

Disabled
Just bought a brand new FujiPlus FP-988D 19" LCD 1280 x 1024 / 12ms / DVI monitor. I've had it for 2 weeks, been wonder full so far. All of a sudden the screen goes black. (Not OFF, but so dim you can't see it unless you touch your eye balls on the screen). (basically black). So I turn it off and back on...SUCCESS...................DOH! in about 5 secs it goes black again. and again, and again, and again and again and again...you get the idea. So i unplugged it for about an hour...started up the computer, monitor is fine all the way through startup and login. then about 5-10 secs, black again. It has an "auto" button that finds either the DVI or VGA input and if i push that it will come back on when it hits the VGA (which is what I'm using right now) but only for a few seconds again. I've tried changing settings and nothing works. I left it unplugged over night and next day it's the same. I don't have a DVI on my current video card to test whether that port will work or act the same, my new computer hasn't arrived yet.
I did try it on the vga port on my laptop where it has dual screens. It works exactly the same as if I had it plugged into my desktop. Right now I'm using my old Sony Trinitron 17" CRT, and it is working just fine.

Another thing I noticed (SOMETIMES) the LCD will go very slightly dim for about a second and then go black completely. This only happens 1 out of 15 times that I could notice. What gets me is that it will show perfectly clear through for those few seconds and then go black. So i know the LCD isn't completely JACKED!

Since this is my first LCD other than laptops, I'll need the break-down version of my problem.

It sounds like the backlight is borked, i'd try to have it swapped out if you can. Have you called the manufacturer at all? at least the MFFG's rep in america? they may be able to iron out the problem over the phone for you.

~ Gos

Sounds like a power/transformer , light , or even monitor cable problem (more power related imo)

Since your LCD is only two weeks old ... send the whole thing back and get a BRAND new one . You should never that kind of problem with a brand new LCD . Its not even worth the trouble/time to track down the cause unless your documenting the problem for a rma (after the 30days) . Just send/return it back and demand a brand new one .

Most places have a 30day no-hassle return for defective items .

stereo555 said:
Sounds like a power/transformer , light , or even monitor cable problem (more power related imo)

Since your LCD is only two weeks old ... send the whole thing back and get a BRAND new one . You should never that kind of problem with a brand new LCD . Its not even worth the trouble/time to track down the cause unless your documenting the problem for a rma (after the 30days) . Just send/return it back and demand a brand new one .

Most places have a 30day no-hassle return for defective items .
agreed. try to RMA it.

Back