• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing pins from a 3 pin connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crana

Any ideas??

:shrug: :shrug:

I don't want to end up breaking something, so i thought i'd ask the pro's ;)

you can slide a tack or a needle into the female end and pull the wire out ... that will pull the pin itself with the wire too though (just wont damage it...can be slid back in easily) ...if you don't have the wire to pull it out you may have a problem though :)

If there's exposed metal strip on the front or back of the plug, shove something small like a pin up inside. It will push the catch on the on back and allow you to remove the pin. Easiest of any kind of plug to unplug.

Pins work but can sometimes be hard to handle. You can make your own tool or get one from jab-tech.com. I have it and have no trouble removing pins without worrying about breaking or damaging them.

Hmm now that I made the link I must have gotten that tool on sale. I dont remember it being $9. Well its up to you.

JT

Back