• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Java Problem Also

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eatmyshorts7569

Now I know This Has Been Answered before but mine is kinda diffrent. here is the code

Code:
public class Countdown
{
	public static void main (String[] args)
	{
		System.out.print ("Three...");
		System.out.print ("Two...");
		System.out.print ("One...");
		System.out.print ("Zero...");

System.out.println ("Lift Off...");
		System.out.println ("Houston, We Have a problem...");
	}
}

Ok Now I Have tested this in school but i just cant get to compile. File Is Right. Name Is Capital. Its .java. what am i missing.

Here is the errore
Code:
--------------------Configuration: <Default>--------------------
Error : Invalid path, \bin\javac.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Xinox Software\JCreatorV3LE\MyProjects" -d "C:\Program Files\Xinox Software\JCreatorV3LE\MyProjects" "C:\Program Files\Xinox Software\JCreatorV3LE\MyProjects\Countdown.java" 

Process completed.

As far as i can tell you have some sort of compiler error where it cant find javac.exe

Try checkin this: (first find where javac.exe is)
right click 'my computer' -> 'Advanced' Tab -> 'Enviroment Variables' button (bottm middle) -> for both 'User variables for eatmyshorts7569' click 'path' and check if it matches your directory where javac.exe is if it isnt put down the correct path.

Commentary:
**I do suggest getting the actual SDK from sun's website and using a basic text editor instead since I can compile things ez. Very basic and easy to use.**

jcreator cant see the sdk, when you set up jcreator it askes where you installed the sdk to(this shuld be in the options as i remember after you set it up). Try locateing where you installed /bin in the sdk to and point jcreator there. pm me if you need more exact instructions (i have jcreator at home not here)

im not familar with jcreator so you still have to have the SDK to run it from what you 2 speak of. It is still possible that it might not have been registered <_< so my solution may be a probable solution >_>.

Good ole fashion DoS compiler works every time <_<

Just type in notepad. Save it into a file called 'source' in my documents(Create it). Open up command prompt. Type "cd source", "dir", "javac "file name.java", java "filename"

Back