• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some quick mods to my Sonata.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vulcan

Well, I finaly found some time to mod my sonata the other day... Here are the results:

Sonata0.JPG

First thing I did was enlarge the bottom intake, which as you can see is rather small.

Sonata1.JPG

I began to cut the plastic bezel using a cut off wheel.

Sonata2.JPG

I enlarged the hole a bit more to get it to the size I wanted. I also went ahead and enlarged the side intakes a bit.

Sonata3.JPG

Here is the inner part of the bezel in its stock form.

Sonata4.JPG

And here it is after I had a go at it. I smothed the edges a little using a sanding wheel.

Sonata5.JPG

Next up was the rear grille. Its not very restrictive, but I still didn't like having it there.

Sonata6.JPG

And heres how it looks with the grille removed. I didn't spend a real long time cleaning up the edges, but I did smooth them over enough so that they weren't sharp.

Sonata7.JPG

Well, this is the case after a good application of plastic cleaner and a waxing of the paint. I think it looks quite good.

Last edited:
Tyreal said:
Nice job mate! The antec Sonatas have been known for their cooling problems.

Did you have any noticeable temp drops?
Yeah, the hard drive cooling leaves a bit to be desired. I don't have any accurate temp measurements because I switched over to my X2 at the same time.

Back