• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5400UL 2.3volts 24/7 is ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtatdsm

hey guys, I just got these and I am already in love with them. I am still trying to tune them in. anyway, I have a quick question!

is it safe to run these at 2.3 volts for everyday use? I have a couple of fans mounted on the side panel, one is blowing on the memory (nor mounted directly on the memory, but mounted on the side) and the other fan is blowing on the vid card (also mounted on the side panel)

I'd say 2.3v is probably a little high for 24/7 usage, although you do have the right idea about mounting a fan to blow on the modules. Personally, I don't exceed 2.2v, but I tend to be a little cautious.

Test done by Ross turned up that the P5WD2 memory voltage, when set to 2.3v in the bios is infact more like 2.2v.

I personally run my OCZ EB Rev. 2 LE Platinum PC4200 at 660mhz 3-2-2-6 w\2.2v in the bios. I believemy memory has the same Micron fatboy chips as other leading DDR2 use. 2.2v in the bios is more like 2.1xx volts. I would not be affraid to run 2.2v, even 2.3v in the bios. As long as the heatspreaders are not hot, don't sweat it.

Ross was pumping like 2.4-2.5 volts through his Mushkin in another post. That's the danger zone.

Last edited:
Back