• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forceware 8x.xx will rock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

That is if you are running sli, or have dual core or if you are running linux.
According to the article at the Inquirer, the new drivers will bring lots of improvements to the sli archtecture, might be multithreaded, and will enable sli in linux. I'm so exited about this if it turns our to be that way, I can't wait for these new drivers.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26276

Nice oc on both gpu and cpu, what kind of scores are you getting with them? I am mostly exited about the possibility of it being multithreaded, and it gets rid of what to me was the biggest problem with sli, which is the ability to work with any game, and that there is no need for identical cards anymore, I remember of members having problems of the same brand but with different bioses that refused to work in sli mode.

found them floating around

well here is your chance to try them out for yourself
81.26 forceware

32bit

enjoy :santa:

Last edited:
I've SOOO been waiting for these drivers for the "mix n match" capability :) Gives me yet another reson to pick up a second 7800 GTX :D

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr said:
Will it benifit single-card systems? Id like to try some new drivers :).

I tried it on my 7800GTX and got a 200 point increase in 3dmark05 from 7700 to around 7900, however could be variables ya know.

Devyl said:
I tried it on my 7800GTX and got a 200 point increase in 3dmark05 from 7700 to around 7900, however could be variables ya know.
ya ~ ur rockin dual core :)

I don't want to try the beta ones, it will just be more trouble to get the official drivers when they are finally released. Anyway there is another article on the inquirer today, it has links to benchmarks with this new driver.
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26334

edit: looking through one of the reviews comparing a lot of drivers that eventhough the 81.24 I think did well with standard settings on synthetic benchmarks it got lower scores with higher quality, but that did not reflect the same way with real games which got increased performance independent of quality setting.

Last edited:
RedDragonXXX said:
Why don't you give these betas a try since you have X2.

Good point... most people I've seen have reported better performance with these drivers... although the BF2 shadow bug is back... that's the main reason I have not tried them yet.

Ok you convinced me.... I'll try 'em this weekend :D

Ok, I'm not impressed by the betas... I installed both the 81.26's and the 81.33's. I didn't run 3DMark... instead I tried playing NHL 2006, which I've been obsessed with for the past week.... anyway, these drivers have some serious bugs... I get literally between 2 and 3 fps in-game... half the time I can't even get into the game because the main menu doesn't show up... it's definitely these drivers. After this nightmare I installed 78.05 and all is well again. FWIW I also tried adjusting all kinds of the driver settings with the 81.xx drivers, and nothing helped the situation. Also, I tried setting the affininty of the game to one cpu core... thinking it was an X2 bug... but no change. WTF nvidia is all I have to say :( Yeah, and I know these are betas but seriously.

The 81.26 are generally known to have a bad shadow bug...they don't render shadows aT ALL in 3DM05 and most games...that would show an increase in score for sure....but looks like ***....

Use the 81.82 drivers...very solid and show a definite increase using a dual core system...and no rendering bugs...

Back