• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need OCing Utility that supports Asus P5WD2-Premium

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sneaky

Skulltrail Junkie
so far I've been using Asus AI Booster for overclocking through windows, but the stupid POS tops out at 266fsb, which with my 660ES dropped to 17x multi, gets me just past a measley 4.5ghz :cry:

so if someone could please help me find, or point me in the direction of a program that supports the P5WD2-Premium w/ the Winbond PLL W83627EHG-A

thanks in advance
-Justin

p.s.: i've tried softFSB and systool, neither of them seem to play nice with my board :shrug:

AIB still sucks, but if you can boot at 266FSB, then I think you're good to go with it up to 333FSB. I know of no other Windows OC utilities for the P5WD2 except SetFSB...there is no ClockGen for it so that may be your only recourse unless that flash fixes the SetFSB issue...any luck with it?

I am assuming it's for when he gets his phase unit in a couple of weeks...BIOS is only good up to a certain extent and there's a boot issue using the SpeedStep/LockFree. Even if you have a BIOS that will drop it down to 14x, it still runs the default multi for a split second during boot.

So you maybe be running 4.2GHz @ 300FSB with 14x SpeedStep, but 300FSB at say 17x default multi for a split second = 5.1GHz during boot, so you need more Vc just to boot clean than you do after. You can easily get at least 5-10FSB more at the same Vc used for boot by upping the FSB in Windows.

There is also some limitation on the BIOS...it's about 350FSB max to be able to boot depending on the proc/Vc/temps (mine is only good to ~345FSB). After that a Windows app is absolutely necessary to raise FSB any further.

Back