• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3Dmark05 Results with x800xl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spin1337

Registered
Hello, i have a sapphire x800xl 256mb currently at 430gpu/1020mem/ and my scores are only 4225, i can run games and such fine.. in my opinion anyways.. but am i missing somthing? I cant seem to figure out why im having this prob, ive reinstalled my drivers which im currently using the omega 5.8s'. i hear the x800xl should be getting close to 5.5k but im not positive

my rig:
amd athlon xp 3000+
2x 512 mushkin pc 3200
abit nf7-s revision 2 mobo
radeon x800xl sapphire 256mb 430/1020 mem

That score doesn't sound right..... I'd start by reinstalling the chipset drivers, then reinstalling the gpu drivers. You should be around 5000 points with the setup you're using right now.

well thers an option in ati tray tool, and ij ust set it to benchmark settings, it was an option ;p, so imma run the test again! ill be back in a few mins with the results.

4800.JPG

Not quite 5000 maybe my cpu is bogging it down? or... somthing in bio's set wrong? im currently not oc'ing my cpu cause i suck at it and i dont think it has good performance even though i have one of the best heatsinks ic an get for my mobo/cpu

Spin1337 said:
4800.JPG

Not quite 5000 maybe my cpu is bogging it down? or... somthing in bio's set wrong? im currently not oc'ing my cpu cause i suck at it and i dont think it has good performance even though i have one of the best heatsinks ic an get for my mobo/cpu

That's almost the same score I got today, bone stock, no overclock, on my Radeon 9800XT.
And that is with everything CRANKED on my video card.
Makes me wonder if moving up to a x800XT PE will do me any good, framerate wise..................... :bang head

My System:
Asus P4PB-400
P4-2.40 Northwood
1024 333MHz DDR
Radeon 9800XT-256Mb
CPU Fan: Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu LED
Northbridge Fan: CoolerMaster Blue Ice
GPU Fan: Zalman VF700-Cu LED
Case: Tsunami Dream
1-120mm Front Fan
1-120mm Rear Fan
1-90mm Side Fan
Ambiant Temp: 70 F
Idle Temp: 36 C/96.8 F
Load Temp: 41 C/104.0 F

Boondawg said:
That's almost the same score I got today, bone stock, no overclock, on my Radeon 9800XT.
And that is with everything CRANKED on my video card.
Makes me wonder if moving up to a x800XT PE will do me any good, framerate wise..................... :bang head

If the OP is speaking about '05 which I think he is, there is no way you got near that with a 9800XT (even without everything cranked!).

Violator said:
If the OP is speaking about '05 which I think he is, there is no way you got near that with a 9800XT (even without everything cranked!).

No, not '05, my bad.
It's '03.
'05 KILLS me!
Something like 3137 with everything cranked down on my video card.
Both scores are published on Futuremark's website under "Boondawg".

Back