• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI chipset water block and RAM blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nice idea but having alu on the chips itself is killing the heat transfer, plus it looks like thoses block would add too much restriction for too little benefits. Just get a fan blowing on then and you should have as much benefit...

Tekko said:
nice idea but having alu on the chips itself is killing the heat transfer, plus it looks like thoses block would add too much restriction for too little benefits. Just get a fan blowing on then and you should have as much benefit...

Yeah I agree, there's not much reason too watercool the ram, not yet anyway.

well...I'm actually more interested in the chipset block...I can't read german so I have no clue if those barbs are 1/2 inch...which I want/need.

As for the ram blocks I probably would never water cool them, but this is the first time I've actually seen ram blocks like that....everything else I've seen looks like junk.

Anyone here read German?

invisible hand said:
well...I'm actually more interested in the chipset block...I can't read german so I have no clue if those barbs are 1/2 inch...which I want/need.

As for the ram blocks I probably would never water cool them, but this is the first time I've actually seen ram blocks like that....everything else I've seen looks like junk.

Anyone here read German?

Yes I can read and speak German. Now it says 1/4" so yea its probably gonna be lousy in a 1/2" loop. Now the cost will also be prohibitive its already 45 euro which is about $55 which is rather expensive. I suggest making your own block or not using one. If you really want to improve the cooling on the DFI NF4 boards then please read this which does not void your warranty on the board.

A long time ago I emailed dangerden and asked if they were going to make a chipset block for the DFI NF4 board and they said that they wern't planning on it but it was on the drawing board :shrug:

invisible hand said:
Those are not 1/2 barbs, but these are:

NF4_b.jpg

NF4a.jpg

Maybe on their next board but it's not that big of a deal except to a few people that want to cool it better.

Fighter2a said:
Maybe on their next board but it's not that big of a deal except to a few people that want to cool it better.

I think the correct term would be to watercool everything not to watercool better. You can get temps in the 30's just from a fan blowing on the stock one and some AS3.

I have a ram block design that will work much better i have a thread on here i am working a rev.2 des that will make them much thinner without cutting flow rates btw they are half inch and i am working on a NF4 NB design as we speak...

Duke

Hey

does anyone know what temps u shud expect from this fan ?

im getting 53

was lookin into water cooling cos that NB fan sounds like its gonna take off <_<

but due to their CRAP placement, its in the complete wrong place, and makes any waterblock hard to find

Is there somthing up with mine ??

its not really under load, just OE, msn and IE and its at 53 (7031 rpm)

Oh yeh just for reference
CPU = 33 (A64 3700+ - Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu Cooler)

Last edited:
No thats fine. My chipset gets that hot after awhile. If you want to cool your NB then just get a big copper heatsink and cut it so that it will go around your video card. You won't even need a fan.

Sounds like a plan

Ive got insulating tape on my GFX card atm cos its resting on the NB

God i cant believe DFI put that there, and so much for thier mag lev fan being better

It sounds like a jet engine

Eddy_EK said:
Those are not 1/2 barbs, but these are:

NF4_b.jpg

NF4a.jpg

These blocks fit on the DFI NF4 chipset nicely, while leaving enough room for the video card(s)? this will work even in an sli config?

I hope nobody minds if I ask a question along these lines . . .

I'm about to upgrade to a DFI Lanparty and also pick up a water cooling kit at the same time. I'm wondering if I should bother getting a block for the northbridge. According to this sticky at xtremesystems forums, using a northbridge block will decrease the overall quality of the watercooling because of the extra water flow resistance. Instead, it's suggested to just put a nice heatsink on it and use passive cooling. . .

Is that true? . . . And could you guys mention what temps you have on it with what HTT speed?

Thanks alot!

Last edited:
Back