• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC a P4 2.8 Smithfield EM64T.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MmCheeto

Has anyone OCed P4 2.8 Smithfield EM64T? If so . Did you get much out of it? What are the stats? Im asking cause Im very new to OCing and im fealing out what I need to do before I start cooking anything. Anyone with advice welcome. Thanks in advance

I personally have not. I'm just curious why you asked the question here instead of in the Intel CPUs section where it belongs (and where it will likely get seen more by people who are more likely to respond).

Well I take it your talking about the Pentium D 820. They OC very well, but a good cooling solution is required to reach a high OC. Again these suckers generate alot of HEAT! In the Intel CPU sections ypu'll find a good deal of info on this topic. Do a search.

Yup I have been wearing out the search function. In fact I have been searching on this subject for the last 10hrs to prep for my overclock. Thanks for the info.

PS: I understand this is not a catch all. As I did understand that before I posted. I consider my question a quite valad one for this section seeing as how new the chip is. I assumed there would be a few enthusiastic posts about overclocking this chipset or another Smithfield close to it. If this is considerd a problem for this thread to be here . I will Kindly ask a Mod to please move it. Thank you.

Dang, you got raked over the coals. Ouch. But yeah, this post was specifically about an Intel CPU, so I would think it probably should of been in the Intel section too. Live and learn, now you know.

The dual cores don't have quite as high overclocks as the 6XX series P-4's, but if you adequately address the cooling issues, a 820 Pentium D will generally do 3.8 gig or so. A few have hit 4 gig.

Gnufsh said:
I personally have not. I'm just curious why you asked the question here instead of in the Intel CPUs section where it belongs (and where it will likely get seen more by people who are more likely to respond).

Captain Newbie said:
Aside: This is NOT a catch-all location.

Correct. Next time you guys see this kind of thing just private message me, I will take care of it.
;)

Matt

batboy said:
Dang, you got raked over the coals. Ouch. But yeah, this post was specifically about an Intel CPU, so I would think it probably should of been in the Intel section too. Live and learn, now you know.

The dual cores don't have quite as high overclocks as the 6XX series P-4's, but if you adequately address the cooling issues, a 820 Pentium D will generally do 3.8 gig or so. A few have hit 4 gig.

Indeed. I guess I have to agree sence you put it that way. This thread might as well be deleted. I dont expect to see any more helpful info beond what you added Batboy. More people jumping in to tell me im in the wrong place then adding anything that would be of help to anyone who searches. Thanks anyways.

I have overclocked 3 different 820's. 4Ghz should be easy on water. 3.6-3.7 on good air, 3.8 on air if your real lucky. My personal opinion of the 820 is that its probably the best thing going right now so long as you have the means to cool it. Good price, overclocks very well, and it comes with a 14 multiplier so you can get that memory bandwidth way up. If you do decide to go with Pentium D then save yourself the trouble and go with watercooling right away. You will be much better of to spend $250 for 820 + $200 for cooling then to spend $350 for 830 + $100 for cooling.

Back