• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any experiences with Sunbeam Nuuo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It looks to me like this is just coming online in the marketplace so I doubt many people will have tried it as of yet.

On the flip side there are a few places that do indeed have this supply available now as well as a fair amount of reviews for it. The reviews I could find from fairly reputable sites seem to be pretty much sold on the PS. The rails were nice and solid and generally had around a 1-2% maximum variance under load with systems that seemed pretty buff by todays standards (but they were not SLI systems).

In short I am going to wait it out a bit and probably end up giving this supply a run. It does have dual 12v rails so is probably not for the hardcore OCer but for my needs this looks pretty good.

I got one of these not too long ago. I've yet to come across a negative review, and several more have been written since I first got the unit. My experience has been entirely positive:
* steady rails
* fairly quiet (the 80mm fan almost never ramps up, and it can be controlled by a rheobus or left on auto)
* modular design, sleeved cables, right-angle connectors
* no problems with overclocking (so far 400-500 MHz oc, limited by my finicky E6 venice)
* fast response by sunbeam's tech support whenever I've had a question

on the downside, a few minor complaints:
* the included fan controller/temp display is pretty useless (but harmless if you do use it)
* the second PCI-e cable (for SLI rigs) is actually a standard molex with an adapter
* the diagram of the modular cable connections in the manual I received was wrong. That was annoying at first but easily resolved.
* no voltage control of individual rails

Oh yeah, the warranty is actually TWO years - not as good as Antec or some others, but still ok in my book. It only gets reduced to one year if you break a seal to connect the 120mm fan to a fan controller.

kovboi said:
Oh yeah, the warranty is actually TWO years - not as good as Antec or some others, but still ok in my book. It only gets reduced to one year if you break a seal to connect the 120mm fan to a fan controller.

Thanks for that info! I think I know what my next PS will be.

Thank you for the help. I'll put it in the 'possibles' bin with the FSP A500 and the OCZ Powestream 520.

Made by Andyson Electronics, whom I had never heard of until these popped up. Not sure how good they are, but they do look well built. IMO there shouldn't be much risk to giving one a try, but I'm going to give them my usual 2-3 months of observation before adding them to my recommendation lists ;)

Back